Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Nashville to Dallas

What a wonderful fun filled week I've had.  Last Tuesday (Oct. 4) I left for Nashville for a work trip.  In March 2020 my work team and territory changed.  It has been two years of uncomfortable growing pains. My team has lost a lot of people along the way but I finally feel that as a team we are settled.  I believe my boss, Amy, would also agree.  Me, Amy (left of me), and Shelly (far left) are the only "originals" of our team.  Now we are a team that stretches from the east coast (VA and GA) to the midwest to the west coast (ID and CA).  My company paid for us to meet somewhere "central" to all of us so we could enjoy some time together as a team.  It was nice to be with my coworkers in person instead of our monthly team meetings over camera.  Our central location just happened to Nashville.  What a fun city!  Amy arranged a food tour for us (our guide is the woman right up front in the picture). While on the tour we ran into Governor Lee of TN so of course we asked him for a photo op.  
On Thursday, Oct. 6, I left Nashville and caught a flight to Texas to visit my girl.  Jenny and I toured the Dallas Arboretum, shopped, watched the AL game on Saturday night and just relaxed.  Although I was ready to get home on Sunday, my heart was full.  Four years have gone by since the Ausili's left and although I miss them dearly, the wound from their move has healed.  I am always thankful for each and every visit with them.  Everytime we visit we pick up right where we left off.  What a blessing it is to have a friendship like the one Sieb and I share with Mike and Jenny.    
 

No comments: