Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Thank God I Do

 Today marks 5 years since my dad left his earthly body and went home to be with Jesus.  With each passing year I think of him more often than not and although I miss him I'm mostly filled with joy.  His human life was just hard.  I still shudder when I think he became permanently disabled at the young age of 46.  Even though it feels like he was disabled a long time, I know his life here was just a blink compared to his heavenly existence for eternity.  I'm forever grateful that God allowed Kim and I to be with dad during his final weeks and at his death bed.  This would not have been possible during Covid.  I'm thankful dad didn't have to experience covid while living in a nursing home.  

The past 5 years have been challenging, to say the least.  Recently I heard a song by Lauren Daigle, "Thank God I do."  The chrous sings, "I don't know who I'd be if I didn't know You.  I'd probably fall off the edge.  I don't know where I'd go if You ever let go so keep me held in Your hands." These simple words say it all for me.  I'm stronger today than I was even a year ago, let alone 5 years ago.  Anything that is good in me comes from Jesus.  Any resilience I have is from Jesus.  Without Him I am nothing and as I always say I know nothing.  Thank God He does! 

No comments: