Saturday, December 30, 2023

Boldness & Trust

 As every year comes to a close I try to focus on words for the upcoming year rather than resolutions.  It seems like every even year since 2016 has been difficult.  I seem to sail through the odd years.  As I approach 2024 I feel like I'm bracing for impact.  It's not biblical and it's not healthy.  On my walk this morning I told God I would trust Him.  I will not brace for impact but instead look to Him for everything, trust that He has me and will work all things out for my good (Romans 8:28).  I also want to boldly proclaim the gospel.  I want my faith written all over me.  Often I hold back because I am not articulate.  I don't feel as if I know my bible well enough to speak up and speak out.  God knows this about me.  I'm a work in progress.   I reference my favorite bible verse, Philippians 3:14, "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  I sin, stumble and fall daily.  The beauty of God's love for us is I can get up the next day and keep pressing on, knowing His love for me doesn't change, Romans 8:38-39; "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God, that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." 

No comments: