Monday, March 11, 2024

Family and Friends - FL & TX

I am at a point in my life where getting away for a week is good for my mental health.  My boys are grown and I am by myself most days, working from home, up to 12 hours a day.  The days are long and lonely.  Thankfully Mike is supportive of these little get aways.  Last Monday I flew to FL with my Uncle Kerry.  I spent a day with Kelly.  I am so blessed by all my cousins.  It is a rare gift to be close to all of them.  Kelly is my youngest cousin and lives in FL so I don't see her often.  I loved spending time with her little girl.  She was parked on my lap much of the day while I read to her.  I soaked it all in.  I was able to spend time with Karen and Kerry and see where Kelly lives.  

 On Wed morning I flew to Texas to spend time with Jenny.  I haven't seen Jenny since last July.  We worked during the days and relaxed together at night.  It was lovely.  I flew home on Saturday afternoon and here I am on Monday morning - back to reality.  

No comments: