Saturday, August 24, 2024

What's new

Well the month of August really got away from me.  This month has been different because I have no kids in school anymore.  The other day I pulled out one of my blog books from 10 years ago and just had to laugh.  I was so busy!  My life has changed dramatically.  My boys are graduated from high school.  Jay is entering his 2nd year into his apprenticeship program and no longer lives at home.  Jay and Trystan have been dating almost a year.  I adore her.  She adds so much to our family.  Nick graduated and is working at the same job he had in high school, although he will most likely have a new opportunity very soon, job wise.  He is helping his fishing team as a captain.  We hardly see him but this weekend we had a small service for Linda and Nick was home.  The four of us had breakfast together.  My momma's heart was full!  
Last night I hosted a birthday dinner for John and earlier in the week I hosted Nick's fishing coach and his captain. The picture above is of Nick's girlfriend, Rylan (right) and Branston's girlfriend, Hannah (left) and his sister in the middle.  I'm not use to throwing a dinner party on a Monday night but it was the only night that worked for everyone.  It was a lovely night and it was way I could say thankful for all Ryan and Jon's hard work.  
 

No comments: