Monday, April 11, 2022

The weekend

On April 7 Sieb flew to TX to spend the weekend with Mike and Jenny.  I stayed here and basically monitored the comings and goings of Nick.  Again, it's Nick's world, I just live in it.  He doesn't even have his driver's license and yet I rarely see him.  Fishing season has begun and this year he's part of a fishing team.  This weekend he got up at 3:30am to meet his team to fish in a tourney up north.  He never seems to catch much but he doesn't care.  Nick has such energy when it comes to fishing.  Honestly, he has an abundance of energy for just about anything.  See above picture.  After spending his entire weekend fishing, he headed to Chase's house on Sunday afternoon to help them repair a leaking spicket.  I got the above picture from Chase's mom with a caption that read...."This is the mark of true friendship!"  I laughed out loud because it's so true.  Chase is holding Nick's legs while he's headfirst into a hole helping Chase's family repair a spicket.  Again, it's Nick's world, I just live in it.  
Since Mike was gone, I had my girls over to celebrate Sarah's birthday.  I invited her MIL, Anita also.  Anita and Sarah have a special bond and I truly admire their relationship.  We say if we all could have a MIL like Anita and DIL like Sarah!  
I even got my sister to spend the night with me on Saturday.  Here we are before bed with match jams, our sleep masks and Kim's dumb bear.  It was a great weekend.  
 

No comments: