Monday, January 22, 2024

Nana down

 On Saturday mom came out for Jay's birthday dinner.  It is getting more challenging for mom to get in and out of my house.  I don't have a railing which makes things very complicated for her and for the person trying to get her into the house.  At Christmas when mom left we put her in her wheelchair and had the guys lift in her and out of the house in her chair which worked much better.  As I was trying to get mom into the house on Saturday I made the mistake of her telling to lift her good leg up the steps first.  Her bad leg is not strong enough to hold her up and down she went.  Thankfully I was with her and was able to control her fall.  She was able to fall softly back into Kim's van.  In that moment I could see someone out of the corner of my eye.  I was sure it was Mike who came to help me.  It was Nick's best friend, Chase.  He literally swooped in and put his arms under my mom and lifted her up to safety.  About that time Nick joined the commotion and made everyone laugh by yelling, "Nana Down, Nana Down."  Then he had to help her get her shoe back on.  He didn't hold back when he said, "Nana, your feet are disgusting!"  Leave it to Nick to have us all laughing over what was a tense situation.  Chase and Nick were awesome!  Thankfully my mom was not hurt.  Kim and I made a mental note that from now on everytime mom enters and leaves my house she will be in her chair and the guys will be lifting her.  

No comments: