Saturday, June 8, 2024

Soul Care Conference

In February as I was on one of my daily walks I was listening to my favorite podcaster, Susie Larson, she was interviewing Dr. Rob Reimer about his Soul Conference(s).  As I continued to listen my spirit was on fire.  I simply could not ignore it.  The message I received loud and clear was I needed to go to this conference and take my sister with me.  Around this time I had been intentionally praying for some things so I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was an answer to prayer.  When I got home from my walk I looked up to see if there was a conference close enough for Kim and I to attend.  Sure enough there was a conference in early June (when Kim was done teaching school) in our neighboring state, a short 3.5 hours away.  I didn't hesitate and bought the tickets and surprised Kim in April.  My soul is so full from this.  I can't quite put it into words (yet).  I grew in my faith, got to spend time with Kim and got to meet Sylvia (below).  Sylvia is a sweet and young woman who was part of Kim and mine triad.  On the first day when we learned we'd be forming groups of three, Kim and I noticed Sylvia right away.  She was by herself in the row ahead of us.  When we were told to form our groups, Kim touched her on the shoulder and the rest history.  The three of us really enjoyed our time together.  I give God all the glory.  His goodness overwhelms me.  

 

No comments: