Monday, September 2, 2024

My Sweet Season

 Here it is Labor Day.  This is such a sweet season of life right now and I'm so thankful.  In 2015 Mike lost his job and we headed into what was 7 very challenging years.  Mike started a business,  my beloved grandparents died (which it was today 8 years ago that my grandma died), my dad passed away, the Ausili's moved to Texas, my mom suffered two strokes and Covid hit.  By 2022 it was apparent we would have to move mom out of her home.  She broke her femur and spent two weeks in the hospital battling Covid and trying to heal from leg surgery.  During that exhausting summer Kim and I moved mom three times.  Just this week I was reading through my daily devotionals and I had made a note from August 2022 that those weeks were the hardest six weeks of my life.  From 2022 until now things have been relatively quiet.  I enjoy quiet seasons.  These past two years the Lord has been so kind.  He knew I would need time to adjust to empty nest and He's put new things in front of me that I've grabbed a hold of.  I'm not adequate to really do any of them but I'm far enough in my faith walk to know He will equip and strengthen me in what He's asked of me.  I'm involved at church and started a meal ministry.  I am a new chapter leader of C.W.A (concerned women of america).  This is the role I feel the least equipped for but I'm passionate about it.  My bible study group that Kim and I started in 2020 is still going strong and I am incredibly blessed by this group of women.  I am also in the sweetest season with my adult sons.  How many times have I said parenting is a crap shoot?  Now that I can see raising kids from my rear view mirror I know that when it's said and done you do the best you can, making mistakes along the way and praying your way through everything.  As a child of divorced parents my mom was an excellent single parent.  Acknowledging this about my mom and many single parents I write this with humility.  I'm certain one of the things Mike and I did right was having a strong marriage.  Our boys knew home was safe and they were loved.  Mike and I were always shoulder to shoulder in every decision we made.  

Over these past several months I've entered a season of new relationships.  I've enjoyed relationships with my church family.  Mike and I have entered into a budding relationship with Mike's dad.  It's been a joy to spend time with him.  I've gotten to know Trystan and Rylan (Nick's girlfriend).  Those girls fill my cup everytime I'm around them.  Two nights ago I hosted Trystan's family for dinner.  It was really a pinch me moment.  Her family is everything I have hoped and prayed for for Jay.  They are a beautiful family and have embraced him.  Trystan and her family are an answer to years of prayer.  As we sat on our patio and conversated it occurred to me that the Lord was faithful during my 7 years in the valley.  He used every struggle to grow me in my faith.  He knew what my life would look like and when my break through would happen.  I know there will be more hard times ahead which is why I'm so grateful for the sweet seasons.  For today I will rest in knowing that no matter what God is good.  He works all things out for our good and His glory.   

No comments: