Tuesday, August 18, 2026

My injury

 Last week I was sitting on the tile floor with Lenny.  When I got up, I pulled a groin muscle and let me tell you, the pain is no joke.  For two days I hobbled around.  By day three I was getting better.  Today is day 5 and I'm still not active.  I feel better and things feel like they are improving but I'm use to walking 11,000 steps per day, if not more and this injury has put me at a stand still.  I'm not resistant training or walking right now.  I keep reminding myself that by next week at this time I should be good as new, I hope.  To be my age in post menopause is no joke.  Last night as I was getting into bed at 8:15 which is standard for me I had to laugh at myself.  My ceiling fan was on full blast.  My travel fan was set up right next to my bed so it blows on me all night.  I rub my essential oils over my foot for my plantar fascitis, then I rub my magnesium butter over my both my feet to help me sleep and I always take my medication for my night sweats right before bed.  Last night I put my compression sock on to help with my leg pain and finally I put my eye mask over my face and I'm out.  What a pitiful sight I am.  These days if I have an event in the evening I'm hit with anxiety, worrying if I'll make it home in time to be in bed by 8:30.  Thank goodness for my dear girlfriends who understand all this and are going through the same rituals.  

I remember my mom telling me she loved her 50's.  I'm 52 and I gotta say I am not loving them.  I am truly doing my best with what I have but there are so many changes at 50 something.  My life as a mother has changed dramatically which isn't a bad thing but it takes some getting use to.  My hormones are gone so it effects all things from my mood to my body and feeling like I just don't care about the things I use to.  I keep waiting for it to get better but thus far it hasn't.  I am thankful for the simple things and that is how I focus my energy.   

No comments: