Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Life with Lenny

 Lenny is 15 weeks old.  Every week gets a wee bit easier.  He's house broken so that was a huge relief.  He has settled in nicely with Cole and Walker.  Walker and Lenny are really the best of friends.  Lenny understands our schedule and has adjusted well.  His sleeping quarters are with Cole and Walker.  Mike put in a retractable baby gate which separates Lenny from Cole and Walker.  Although Lenny has started to chew through the gate and soon that gate will be no more. Lenny has learned what is good behavior around Cole and Walker and during the night they are use to sleeping as a pack.  For several weeks after we got Lenny I questioned my sanity.  I still kind of do but I do love that puppy and Mike is enamored with him.  We enrolled Lenny in puppy school and take him every Wednesday night.  He has just started to walk on a leash, not great, but it's a start.  Of course as soon as he starts to walk willingly on a leash I injure myself.  More on that in another blog.  Since Mike and I are relatively new at being empty nesters, Lenny has given us a new purpose and something to talk about.  We've become those crazy dog people.  Mike does things with Lenny that he never allowed with any of our other dogs.  He consistently feeds them left overs in the kitchen.  All dogs get to partake in this and they love it.  He's much more patient with this puppy, probably because he's not worried about not only training a puppy but raising two boys.  Ha.  

No comments: