Monday, May 6, 2024

My 50th Birthday Brunch

My sister truly outdid herself on my 50th birthday party.  Several months ago I really wasn't sure I even wanted a party but then as I thought about it I knew it would be fun.  I just had to really think on what kind of party I wanted and came up with the idea to do a brunch, open house style.  I thought this picture of me is very fitting because right as Kim took the picture the slide show picture of my family popped up.  I have more thoughts to write on about turning 50 and what it means to me but for this blog I'll simply focus on my fun party.  For about a week leading up to the party I got my hair and nails done and my eyebrows tinted.  Forty eight hours before the party I got my first spray tan which was worth every penny by the way.  Of course the first night I got it done Nick asked me what the heck had happened to me.  He could hardly take me seriously with my bronzy tan and tinted eyebrows.  The eyebrows and the tan calmed down (which I knew they would) by Saturday.  These are probably all things my 30 year self wouldn't have done but this almost 50 year old felt it was a necessity.  Ha.  
My beloved sister.  She worked so hard at my party.  I've thanked her a thousand times.  I just can't say enough about how hard she worked and how much thought she put into my party.  She is also really good at planning parties, something I'm not so great it.  I have a lot to live up to for her 50th.  Thankfully I have four years to plan it and I can enlist Lauren's help.  Ha!  Notice the huge balloon display.  She and our friend, Janet, worked on it together and Kim said it was a huge pain.  God bless my sister.  

Sarah and Mary also helped Kim.  They both made food.  I love these women.  I'm constantly thanking God for placing them in my life.  Sadly Mary could not stay for my party  A very dear family friend had passed away and his funeral was the day of my party (another indicator of our age.  Funerals are becoming more consistent).  
My dear momma.  It's so hard for her to get around these days but she loves a good party.  She enjoyed seeing a few of my girlfriends and chatting with people.  Leslie brought mom and I'm so thankful.  
I joked with Jay that he got the favorite son award for my party.  Nick had a pre-planned fishing tournament and could not attend.  Boo.  Trystan was sick so Jay came solo to my party.  I sure do love this boy.  

 Mike was in charge of the waffle bar for my party.  Notice his shirt.  He was hard to miss.  He is such a blessing to me.  

I'm so humbled by all my friends who came to my party and by Kim's kind and thoughtful heart.  Here's to 50! 

No comments: