Saturday, October 11, 2014

XC Sectionals

The cross country team just got new uniforms and Jay is sporting his.  Aren't they nice?  They are a HUGE improvement from what we use to have.  Many of our uniforms didn't match and like my friend Laura said, when we went to meets our Oly kids looked like the Bad News Bears!  Anyway, Jay is headed to sectionals today to cheer his team on.  He is not running.  He's going as a 3rd alternate which means 3 other kids would have to be sick or injured which is highly unlikely.  He woke up this morning and I asked him if it felt good to just be going to cheer and not run and he said Yes!  I believe this meet will wrap things up for Jay.  He'll have a "down" week and then he'll try out for basketball - Yes, try out.  I'm trying not to be nervous because I have absolutely not control over it but what can I say I'm still a nervous momma. 

No comments: