Thursday, September 24, 2015

Country-fied

Yesterday I had to travel for work.  I was running ahead of schedule so I thought I'd stop by Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte.   Back when I was commuting to work daily I would stop at Starbucks once a week, maybe twice during the fall for my favorite pumpkin spice latte.  Back then I never put much thought into the ridiculously long lines for expensive coffee.  But yesterday as I got in the line, which was out the parking lot and into the street I thought to myself, "Is this what city people do, wait in a line that takes way too long for over-priced coffee?" I waited patiently since I knew it would be my only pumpkin spice latte for the season but when I paid over $5 for a cup of coffee, let's just say it was the straw that broke this country girl's back!  I berated myself immediately because I realized the thoughts going on in my head at that moment were Jay and Nick's and trust me when I tell you that Jay and Nick are like Phil Roberton's minions.  Recently our friends (from the city) asked if we recycled.  Nick didn't miss a beat with his response, nor was it quiet (does Nick even have a quiet voice?), "Recycling, who do you think we are, city folks, the Siebert's don't recycle!"  To all my friends who are offended by this, I apologize, I really didn't teach my boys that recycling was bad but it is true, most country folks don't recycle, we burn.  I'm just saying.  Then Faith A. had a Hoco date that didn't work out.  As soon as Jay found out, he text Faith and didn't mince his words.  He told her this boy was not a badger (more on the badger word in another blog) and he was just a yuppie city boy!  How dare a city boy dump Faith.  Had it been a country boy, Jay might have been a bit kinder (maybe).  I was a city girl for my entire life but I am raising bonafide redneck country boys and as Ree Drummond would say I'm an accidental country girl and I wouldn't change it for a minute. 

No comments: