Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A thankful heart

I've taken a break from my blog for awhile.  I haven't even looked at it and when I pulled it up this morning I noticed my last blog entry was from Nov. 10.  On Nov. 11 my life changed dramatically.  I will forever compare my life with how it was before Nov. 11 and how it is after Nov. 11 and trust me, in the storm that was brewing and the cyclone that came in, my story is one centered around great joy and peace for my family.  It's not something I'm going to share just yet in my blog but eventually I will.  It is a story that needs to be shared but it's also a story that isn't finished being written yet.  I can tell you God has his hands all over this one and I'm completely overwhelmed by His love, His grace and His mercy. 
We are busy preparing for Thanksgiving which I am hosting this year - turkey and all.  My dear mother bought the turkey and delivered it to my house so here's to hoping it all goes as planned.  This Thanksgiving I see things and people through a different (and more positive) set of lenses.  Nov. 11 changed me and this year especially I am so thankful for an abundance of blessings.  I am looking forward to spending the day with my own family and my mother and my sister, brother in law and my niece and nephew.  I am thankful for the laughs we will share, the food we will eat and the fire Mike will build (yeah, that too). 
I will post pictures in my next blog.  Life has been busy, as always.  Jay is playing and enjoying basketball, as is Nick.  Mike is assistant coach for Nick's team and I just trying to keep everyone fed.  Ha! 

No comments: