Sunday, November 1, 2015

The cluster weekend

 It was another packed weekend but very fun.  I entitled my blog The cluster weekend because it was filled with so much from get togethers with family to football to Halloween parties to wienie roasts and back to football again.  I'm exhausted just from writing all of it.  Ha.  The weekend started out with Kim and her family coming over.  The kids carved and painted pumpkins and we had an opportunity to catch up and enjoy each others company.  I love Lukie's smile in this picture.  He reminds me a lot of Nick, he talks all the time.  Love him.
 As you can see Nick was really into the bunny ears, hence the picture above and below.  Really Nick!?  Lauren loved painted the pumpkins.  I don't think Kim was so thrilled to take them home as they were still wet but she enjoyed it. 
Even Jay joined in, a little.  He didn't carve or paint pumpkin.  He's getting so old.  My mom said that every time she sees him now it looks like he's grown taller.  And Yes, mom, he has!  Crazy. 
                                                            Relaxing with Nana.
 Nick's last game was Saturday.  It was a miserable game.  Picture rain, lots and lots of rain.  Picture cold, bitter cold and mud!  Lots of mud.  So muddy you couldn't see the 50 yard line.  But the boys played hard and it paid off.  They won their game!  The picture below includes the 5 coaches. 

 This picture really doesn't do justice to how cold, muddy and rainy it actually was. 
Nick and Nic (No, it's not a spelling error, the "other" Nic spells his name without a K).  These are the two Nick's on the team.  I'm not sure the team even knows my Nick's name.  They called the other Nic, Nic but my Nick was always referred to as Siebert, never Nick.  So cute. 
 On Halloween night we went to Laura's.  She is such a great hostess.  Love her.  Cracks me up that I got this picture of Nick.....with all the ladies - not a boy in sight.  And yes, he was back to the bunny ears.  Ugh.
 I love this picture.  This is Jay's 8th grade team.  Next year, high school!  These boys had a rough season and they lost their game today but they played hard!  I took Nick to his football teams wienie roast so I missed it - bummer.  But I am so thankful for this picture that another mother got.  So, until next year, boys. 
And as a final wrap up, here's the hostess with the mostest!  I love Laura's spirit.  She makes every holiday fun!!  We did get to laughing because she's had this pumpkin costume since college.  Nick asked out loud (he has no filter) how it still fit her - kid you not! Happy Halloween!!!

No comments: