Sunday, March 6, 2016

Happy 65th Birthday, mom

 This week my mom turned 65 years old!  She will tell you she had a wonderful birthday, despite some very stressful things going on in her life.  Every year my mom sets her expectations really low.  Ha!  A few weeks before her birthday I told her that maybe, just maybe, my sister and I might exceed her expectations this year and sure enough, we delivered.  I am patting Kim and I on the back.  My mom so deserved a fabulous birthday.  I collected memories/reflections from her dearest friends and my sister put together a "Favorite Things" themed birthday party.  My uncles, Mike and Rod, were able to come and celebrate with us on Friday night.  It was so enjoyable and it made my heart sing to know it pleased my mom.  Happy Birthday, mom. 
 Nick helping me put up the decorations and for the record, the streamers were the only decorations I put up.  Thankfully, mom had no expectations for the decorations.  The problem was my boys couldn't handle the balloons.  I figured by age 14 and almost 10 that maybe I could have balloons for a party.  After days of the boys blowing up balloons and sitting on them, popping them, arguing over them, etc... I finally gave up and realized there would be no balloons for mom's party. 
 And this picture is so Craig.  After we ate Craig curled up on the chair with a blanket and had a mass of dogs on top of him. 

 And shifting gears a bit.  This past week Nick had his basketball banquet.  Basketball came to an end about 2 weeks.  I enjoy the season but I'm always kind of glad to see it end, only because I need a rest from all the running. 

Mike Ausili and Faith left last past week for Haiti.  Mike and Jay went to see them off.  They are building a house!  I am praying for their safety and that they can share the love of Christ with everyone they encounter. 

No comments: