Saturday, April 23, 2016

Goodbyes to Grandpa

 My Grandpa Jiggs passed away on April 18.  He was good husband, father and grandfather.  I believe my cousin, Adam, said it best when he said, "Grandpa was like an old Chevy truck, they don't make 'em like they use to."  Grandpa loved my grandmother his entire adult life and loved God his whole life.  I remember his advice he gave me when Mike lost his job.  He told me to trust in the Lord, his exact words were, "He will help lead the way, Amy!"  He will be missed by all.  My family commented that it was so nice to see everyone on April 21, the day of his funeral.  The picture above is of the boys.  Mike and Jay were pall bearers.  After the funeral we went back to Grandma's house for a bit.  Nick and Lauren enjoying a little R & R. 
My family is thankful for the love and kindness shown to us during this difficult time.  My grandparents church and pastor was wonderful.  My mom was so thankful to her sister in law, Kathy, who was a huge help to her.   When it's all said and done and this life on earth is behind you, one question that I ask myself is how well did I love?  It's not about what you have.  It's not about what you did for a living.  It's about how you loved and my grandpa loved well! 

No comments: