Thursday, April 7, 2016

Spring has sprung.....kind of

Although it is officially spring in central IL, it's still freezing here!  Every night I complain that I'm over this cold and yet every night it gets colder and we still have our electric blankets on.  I know I need to finish Mike's story and I will.  There is a lot happening with Mike these days.  Let's just say one chapter of our life is over and we are starting a new one which is exciting and scary at the same time.  This is our down time of year but the boys are still relatively busy.  They are both playing on an off season basketball league and Jay also plays at church.  Nick has been devouring the book series, "I Survived."  He is required to take a test on the books every 10 days but he's finishing them in about 5 days.  I love his commitment to reading - who knew!!  Every night he crawls into bed and reads a good 45 minutes to an hour.  It makes my heart happy!  Nick has more of an all work and no play (which isn't necessarily healthy) attitude.  He likes to play but only after his work is done and the boy takes his school work seriously.  Fourth grade hasn't been as enjoyable for Nick as third grade but he made it through with improvements.  Jay is almost finished with middle school.  Be still my beating heart!  The other morning at breakfast I noticed little hairs on his chinny chin chin and I about had a heart attack!  How can my son have hair on his chin and be entering high school in the fall?  I'm proud of Jay though.  He's done great this year in school and although this past quarter he did not make the honor roll, he's made it twice this year which is a huge accomplishment.
I'll post pictures next blog and I promise to finish the "rest of the story."

No comments: