Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My work crew

 When the summer started I had no idea how much work Mike would have or even if he'd be able to include the boys in his work.  While it's still early in the summer Mike's work has proven to be steady.  My in laws hired Mike and the boys to paint the outside of their house the last two days.  They all worked like dogs.  You can say a lot of things about my kids but being lazy just isn't one of them.  They are always ready, willing and able to do a good days work. 
The picture above I just snapped this morning.  Mike built a custom garden (I'll post pictures later) and he needs Jay's help in digging a trench.  I joked with Jay that most of his friends were probably still sleeping and he was headed out to work with his dad for the day.  At the start of summer I encouraged Jay to detassel but he declined.  We've told Jay he needs to have saved $3000 for a car by the time he turns 16.  I figured he'd have to suffer the consequences if he didn't save enough money this summer.  So here it goes, I might have been wrong, perhaps he didn't need to detassel after all (geesh, I can't believe I just put that in writing).  Jay has managed to save over $200 and he hasn't even been out of school for a month yet.  I set a goal for Jay to save $500 by the end of the summer and it's looking like he just might be able to do it.  As I watched Mike's van pull out of the drive today I thanked God for the opportunity this is providing for my little work crew.  Once again it's another example that God knows so much more than I do and can even imagine. 

No comments: