Sunday, February 19, 2017

Our week - the up and the down

 This week was Valentine's Day.  The kids at school could design their own Valentine's day box and Nick was one of the winners.  He made a robot, and as you can see the robot is holding the Valentine's day box.  The robot looks like he's falling backwards.  Nick called him, "The falling in love robot."  So cute and so creative.  It's hard to believe this is Nick's last Valentine's day party (for school). 
 On Friday I went to visit Mary for her 44th birthday.  What in the world would I do without this girl?  I could devote an entire blog to her.  She is one in a million and God sure blessed me when He brought her into my life over 20 years ago.  John graciously took us out to dinner in downtown Chicago, to one of Mary's favorite restaurants.  I ate things I wasn't use to.  I tried sushi, and loved it.  I laughed that the country girl got out to the city!  But I needed that night.  Mary said she was so glad I came, but it was me who was the most delighted! 
                         Me, Mary, and Shannon.  Shannon is another blessing.  Love her too.
                                                            Happy Birthday sweet friend
 Mary and her hubby, John, bought a farm about 8 months ago, and they have big plans for that farm!  I am so excited for her.  The name of her farm is, "White Barn Co.." The picture below is of the barn they are going to use to sell their vegetables, herbs and yes, items made especially by yours truly, Cornerstone Custom Carpentry.  Yes, the barn needs some love, but that will come.  Such an exciting time for Mary and John! 


Yesterday Nick went to his friend, Noah's house.  Noah use to live across the street from us.  They moved, but still live very close.  Praise God!  Noah and his sister recently got calves.  Nick had such fun with them, and tells me it's no easy chore taking care of them.  Ha.  Those were all the ups from our week.  Our big down was Mike's dear friend, mentor and supervisor of 12 years (at his former employer) passed away unexpectedly a week ago.  We attended his visitation this week and hugged his 6 children and wife - all of whom are so raw and shocked by his devastatingly loss.  Dale was a man of integrity and was there for Mike when he needed him most.  He was a pillar in his community and loved by everyone.  It was no surprise his visitation was packed.  I pray daily for his wife and children.  It must be so hard in knowing he's gone.  At the visitation Mike said to me it just wasn't fair that Dale was taken so early (he was only 65).  I agreed with him.  There are some things we simply can't explain.  However, I am reminded of something I've heard recently.  We can't base our feelings on our feelings, but God's truth.  God's truth promises us life in eternity with Him.  Dale was a man of God and it's made me smile this week in knowing he's in heaven and given what I know about Dale, my bet is his crown is pretty amazing! 

No comments: