Sunday, February 12, 2017

February funnies

 I looked at my blog and couldn't believe I hadn't blogged since Jan. 25, but that is how busy February has been.  February is always busy for us because of basketball.  It's like Jay's team and Nick's team tries to pack as many games as possible into February.  It's insane!  I'm happy to report that as of this weekend Jay is done with basketball and Nick's season will be winding down.  I have so much on my mind lately and I will blog about that but tonight I simply wanted to catch up some of the things we've been doing that don't involve basketball.  On Friday I went with Nick on what was his last elementary school field trip.  It was bittersweet.  We went to Springfield and went to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.  I've been before and it never disappoints.  I truly enjoyed the day with Nick.  Earlier this week I was called for jury duty and was put on a jury.  Thankfully my jury duty ended in enough time so I could go on the field trip with Nick.  Although you can't see Nick in the picture above I promise you he's in the picture.  He just has his head turned.  That boy!

 Nick and K.  Nick and K went to Pre-K together and her mother and I enjoy getting pictures of the two of them.  We tease that that we're going to submit all these pictures to their senior yearbook!  But seriously, aren't they the cutest? 
 And guess who turned 6 this week?  Yep, Lukie!  I adore this picture.  It shows my mom's delight with her youngest grandchild and it shows Luke true personality.  Happy Birthday, Luke!
And here's mom with her oldest grandchild.....the one with the broken finger.  Jay broke his ring fingr in a basketball game this week which ended his season.  Thankfully the season was almost over so Jay only ended up missing 2 games.  Jay always loves playing basketball but I gotta tell you, it was a LONG losing season.  Jay's team only won one game the entire season.  I know it must take such a toll on Jay, his coach and his teammates to constantly lose.  It's one of those situations where it's not so clear what Jay and his teammates are supposed to be learning from all this but as a parent I hope and pray all this losing is for something!  Somehow every season the same group of boys make it through the season and continue to come back every year.  They are a good group of boys! 

No comments: