Friday, July 28, 2017

This, that and the other

 It's been another whirlwind week in our household.  When I reflect on last year at this time, I was in my cast, dealing with a blood clot and pulmonary embolism and counting down the days until the boys returned to school, as I was about to lose my mind.  Plus, Mike's business was stressing me out!  What a difference a year makes.  I'm well and off my blood thinners.  The summer has been great and even though I'm always ready for the boys to start school, I wish July would linger just a wee bit longer.  And Mike's business is stupid busy and I no longer allow it to stress me out.  I'm in full support of Mike and the business and will help in any way I can, but only when I'm asked.  I have my own job to handle and two boys that I'm practically handling full time - that's enough for me right now.  Yesterday, Nick left for gun camp with a friend.  He was really excited about it.  They get to camp and shoot guns.  If you added fishing into the mix it would be Nick's all around perfect adventure. 
 I absolutely hate this picture of me.  I'm on a whacked out, clean eating diet right now and I've lost 4.5 lbs in 2 weeks but it's not fun and when I see pictures like this of me I'm reminded to stick to my diet - UGH!  My mom looks fabulous, however!  I digress.  The whole point was to write about visiting with Melissa - who always looks great!  She came from TX for a visit.  We've been friends since kindergarten.  She is my longest friend - not old - but long.  Ha!  I usually get to see her about once a year.  It is always a treat to catch up with her. 
 And finally, detasseling!  Detasseling is over for Jay.  I took this picture of his neck because it was his only body part that got sun in the fields and boy did it get sun!  He detasseled for a good two weeks and hated every second of it, but he did it with very little complaining.  He got his first paycheck, with another one on the way.  Now he's full speed ahead in searching for a vehicle. 
I snapped this picture of Jay this morning.  And yes, it's impossible to get a picture of him smiling at the camera.  He was relaxed in his chair with his dog.  He leaves in 2 days for a week long vacation in TN with the Ausili's.  I think it's fair to say that Jay's summer and Nick's also has been pretty good and will certainly wrap up positively. 

No comments: