Sunday, November 19, 2017

November weekends

 Time has really gotten away from me.  I can't believe we are four days away from Thanksgiving.  We are in full swing of basketball season.  Jay started early morning practices on Nov. 6 and Mike started right before Halloween.  Jay has a tournament over Thanksgiving weekend.  The picture above is really a good picture of how we roll in our household.  After having that chair for 13 years and after the dogs had pulled out most of the stuffing I decided it was time for the chair to go.  This is how the boys decided to dispose of it.  This just screams redneck to me.
 About a week ago Nick's school had a dodgeball tournament.  Nick and his friends participated and actually did pretty well, considering they competed against 8th graders.  I was at the tournament and after sitting in a middle school gym for a few hours, I decided the smell of body odor was about more than I could take.

This weekend the weather has been really crummy.  On Friday night, Laura, Jenny Abel and I went to see the movie, "Wonder."  I thought Nick would go with me but after some convincing Jay went with me and he went somewhat happily.  His friends were spending the weekend hunting and as I pointed out to Jay, he was just going to sit around in front of the TV on a Friday night so why not drive his mother to the movies?  I mean really isn't that what all 15 year old boys dream about.  Ha!  But by Golly he did it!  It was the best night ever, for me anyway.  Ha.  Last night I got together with my former co-workers.  My former boss, Jill, joined us.  She just retired and is loving it.  I still remember my interview with Jill.  I was a fresh faced 23 year old girl.  She was a 30 something wife and mother.  She was my boss for 16 years.  I spent a lot of time in her office talking about my weight, my struggles with parenting and then I remember the day I walked into her office and gave her my two week notice.  I think at the time she took my news personally, and I know it stung.  Now she knows it was the best career move I could have made because in the years after I left my entire department disintegrated.  Everyone was displaced and forced into different jobs.  I love my job.  I really do.  I always have.  I am very grateful all these women came into my life.  It was yet another example of God's perfect timing!

No comments: