Friday, November 24, 2017

Best Thanksgiving Ever!

 I love Thanksgiving!  This year I hosted and my mom, Kim and family and my cousin, Cora and family joined us.  The Ausili's were missed but they were at Jenny's niece's house.  We truly enjoyed our day together.  Everyone was healthy, happy and the food was delicious.  Mike deserves a big kudos for the food this year.
 These dogs!  What can I say about this picture?  My mom, although she doesn't have a dog of her own, she sure loves our dogs.  Nana is Cole's favorite person.  Every time my mom comes over, Cole sticks to her like glue.  Doesn't my mom look fabulous?  She has lost over 50 lbs!
 And here's my soon to be 16 year old.  He was really helpful to Mike the morning of.  We had a lot to prepare and get ready.
 There's a funny story behind this picture.  Mike had just gotten the turkey out of the fryer and it was burning his hands but mom insisted she get a picture.  It's a good thing Mike and mom love each other.
 Here we are minus Nick.  Nick spent a lot of time playing with Carter, Luke and Lauren most of the day.  The weather was warm enough that the kids played hide and seek outside.  Notice the look on Mike's face.  By this time in the afternoon we were all so full we could hardly stand it.
 Mike made this very unique but good apple dessert.  He cored the apples with his drill.  He's so resourceful.  Then he filled the apples with a mix of butterfinger candies, dried cranberries, brown sugar.  Then he put them in a steamer and when they were done we served them with ice cream.  They were very good!
 This year Mike delegated and used every teachable moment he could.  Ha.  Me, Jay and Nick were his minions!  It actually worked like a charm this year.  The picture above is Mike and Nick figuring out what time to put the turkey in the fryer and calculating the pounds and the time needed.
 Mike made these amazing twice baked potatoes.  Even though we are smiling in this picture, our hands are on fire from scooping out scalding hot potato pulp!
 Nick helping dad scoop the potato mix back into the potato shell.  I seriously can't describe how good these potatoes were.  Ridiculously good!
 I had to take this picture of Craig.  He was decked out in his swede jacket, his cowboy boots and to top off the look he was wearing a huge belt buckle with a big C on it.  I called him Cowboy Craig all day.
We sat around our table yesterday and laughed and talked.  My dining room table is my favorite piece in my house.  There's a great story behind the table but most of all, I love the gift of having family and friends sit around my table.  It's big enough to sit 10 people.  I love the light that streams in from the window.  I love Grandma's book case (which you can't see in the picture) and my corner china cabinet.  It's often the little things with me that make me happy.  This Thanksgiving I'm so thankful for my family.  I realize that having my boys wake up in our house on Thanksgiving will one day be a thing of the past.  I am thankful that my mom is in such great shape and her health is incredibly good!  My sister's family is doing well.  I continue to be thankful for my job and the amount of work Mike has.  My mom and I joke that Mike doesn't let grass grow under his feet.  I'm thankful the Lord has blessed him with steady work this entire year.  I might be a little over the top with the title of my blog but for some reason this Thanksgiving just felt very special and I felt really blessed!

No comments: