Friday, November 3, 2017

Building a bridge

The other day I typed a blog about my boys that I did not publish.  I wrote it in anger and frustration and I knew I needed a few days to mull it over before I decided whether or not I should publish it.  I deleted the post today, opting it was too personal to publish.  I want my blog to reflect who I am and I want it to be authentic, but I don't want it ever to be written in anger......frustration, yes, but anger, no.  God has a way reminding me daily of my blessings and more importantly gently reinforcing that I can do nothing on my own.  I desperately need His guidance.  My boys are really struggling in their relationship and it's been the same battle for years.......years I tell you (see the frustration part is still with me)!  However deceiving the picture above may be, it's giving me just a wee bit of hope.  My prayer these days is that a bridge is built for Jay and Nick.  A bridge sturdy enough that will secure their relationship even when turbulent times try to break it apart.  They are certainly a work in progress and so is their relationship.  I have never expected them to be best friends, but it's always been my goal for them to have mutual respect for one another.  At the moment, I'm failing miserably at that, but I'll keep pushing forward and praying for that bridge to be built. 

No comments: