Sunday, October 28, 2018

One season ends, another one begins

 Nick finished his football season yesterday. Overall his team had a good season.  Nick played mostly defense but on occasion he was QB.  His favorite position is running back, which sadly he didn't get to play.  He tried out for basketball about 2 weeks ago and made the team.  For 2 weeks he's had double practices.  This week he'll just have basketball, which will be nice. A funny thing about this picture is Jay and Nick have the same stand, hands on hips.  During each of their times playing football I could look for my boys on the side lines and know it was them because their hands would be placed on their hips.  I frantically searched for a picture of Jay (standing like Nick) but couldn't find it.

 Jay went with Mike and I to Nick's last game yesterday and was quite entertaining.  He loves to bug his dad!
 The boys take private basketball lessons.  I went with them the other day and was impressed with what I saw.  Just this week we got a concrete driveway.  The boys will be able to set up a hoop and play basketball at home, something they are really excited about.

Football season is ended, but basketball is about to begin!  I always say I have a love/hate relationship with sports, but as the boys get older I have more of a love relationship.  They need the structure and activity and I know one day when this is all over, I will miss it!

No comments: