Sunday, May 19, 2019

Next Year

Today seniors at our high school graduated!  I told Mike that next year at this time Nick will be graduating from 8th grade and Jay from high school.  I will be busy planning and coordinating Jay's graduation party.  I told Mike tonight that sometimes it feels like yesterday that he and I took our wedding vows.  He agreed but said that is how it works.  When we are kids the time seems to take forever, but as adults, especially as parents, the time flies.  I feel like I'm finally at a point where I have dusted off all the junk from 2018.  I miss my dad everyday but the ache is less, especially knowing he's with Jesus.  My mom is doing well and I've adapted to the changes that occurred in our relationship and her life.  Just this weekend Mom drove out for dinner with us and brought Walker (who Jay refers to as "Nana's high school boyfriend").  I asked mom if there was anything she missed in her "old" life.  She didn't skip a beat and said she is very happy and the only thing she missed was being able to cook and bake.  I figure if that's the only thing she missed, that's saying something.  Mom is well aware how blessed she is.  I think of Mike and Jenny everyday.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about them but our time and our relationship with them is a perfect example of how all things in life change.  I knew it at the time.  I remembered thinking and being acutely aware that it could and would all change and it did.  I know this summer and the following school year will bring more changes but as I age I realize that although I may not love some of the changes, they are a part of life and in every change I must look for the good and in every season there is always good to be found.    

No comments: