Thursday, June 13, 2019

Our Florida trip

 For the third year in a row my dear Aunt Karen and Uncle Kerry invited us on vacation.  This year we went out of our "box" and traveled to Orlando.  I got tickets for Nick and I to go to Universal Studios.  As a family we are doing our vacations a little differently this summer.  We are taking vacations separately on our own time schedules.  Jay went to TX over Memorial day, Nick and I went to Florida and Mike will be making a trip to TX right after July 4th.  It really is perfect for everyone.  The picture above is Nick with his counsins.  I am so thankful for these times with family.
 The usual selfie of my sister and I.  Kim is so good to me.  She had Craig pick us up from the airport (an hour away from our resort) and she drove us back to the airport.  And she had a drink waiting for me when we arrived at 1:00 a.m. (yes A.M.) on Sunday!  Best sister ever.
 I admit Sunday was dicey.  I was exhausted because I was running on virtually no sleep and these crazy boys wanted to go play basketball.  Of course when we got there Nick complained that they had double rims (whatever that means), Luke complained it was hot, Nick then had to pee and didn't understand why he couldn't just pee outside at a vacation resort.  Then both boys decided all they wanted to do was catch lizards.
 My sister got mom a scooter for our trip.  We were so thankful mom joined us this year and it warmed our hearts knowing our dad was smiling down on us seeing his girls with his family, celebrating good times.  Mom said during our trip, "Brad would have loved this!"  Nick tried to show nana how to use the scooter but she still had a few accidents with it.  Thank goodness she never hit a person with it.  Ha.


 Meanwhile back at home Mike and Jay were watching four dogs.  Mike said they all figured out really quickly who was "in charge,"  - Mike!
 One day me, Nick and Mom went to Waffle house (see above) and Nick had quite a breakfast. When he wants to, he can eat.  That being said he's on a no pop, no sweets diet and by golly if that kid didn't stick to it during vacation.  Nick throws me sometimes because he has a lot of me in him but so much of his dad too and when he decided he wouldn't drink pop or eat ice cream, that was it, which is so Mike.  I usually give up within 24 hours.  It's kind of annoying.  One day Kim bought everyone ice cream and Nick wouldn't touch his.  Anyway, after we finished up at WH, the three of us went shopping and had a great day.  All of us got things we really wanted and just had a great day together.  We utilized Uber to and from shopping which worked out great.
 The big day finally arrived.  Nick, mom and I were only in Florida for 3 days.  On our last day Nick and I went to Universal Studios and we loved it.  It was our favorite.  I got 20,000 steps that day - just saying!  We truly enjoyed it and had such a good time.

 Nick was our navigator at Universal.  If it was left up to me we probably would have walked around in circles but Nick got us to exactly where we needed to be.
I hate "The Simpson's" but still we visted "Springfield" at Universal and had a ball. 


Nick with his "Flamin Moe" drink.  It literally smoked the entire time he drank it.  He loved it.  


 The "Fast and Furious" simulator was our all time favorite at Universal.  We rode it twice.  I paid extra for the express pass and at the time I hated spending the money because it was expensive but it was worth every penny.  The most Nick and I waited in a line was 20 minutes.  Most lines we only had to wait 10 to 15 minutes.  The express pass was so worth it.
Mike sent me this picture while we were gone.  Clearly Jay had all the dogs' attention.  I owe my husband and son a big thank you for keeping all our dogs while we were gone.  I still have to laugh that my entire family now has vizsla's…..best dogs ever.

No comments: