Thursday, July 9, 2020

Living his best life

Things are so uncertain during these days and everyday I am thankful to be in my home, working, and the health of my family. I feel my country slowly slipping away. It is good to see Nick doing normal things. Despite all the uncertainty, Nick is loving life. When our neighbors go out of town Nick feeds their goats and cattle. He loves it.  I sometimes go with him and enjoy watching him. He has named all the animals and talks to them like they are buddies. It's so funny! The picture above is Nick this morning at 5:30 a.m....notice his smile.  Yep, he really was that happy at the crack of dawn.

Nick started detasseling this morning. It has been a scorcher these days too. 90 plus degree heat. When he got home today he said it wasn't that bad - no complaints. 
And on top of everything else he started football last week.  He has 3 hour nightly practices.  We just got notice today that masks have to be worn now during practice. I can't even wrap my head around that but I trust the coaches and that demand didn't come from them but from IHSA.
We are living during a time that we're right on the edge. I pray to God He has mercy on us. And that the way we have loved our families, worshipped, and worked, all freedoms we have enjoyed since this country was founded. We are not a perfect country but we are Americans and I pray our freedoms do not disappear, becoming a thing of the past - a past my children had a taste of but their children may never know.

No comments: