Saturday, July 4, 2020

July 4th weekend....2020

Happy Birthday, America! 2020 is a year like no other.  I'm sure historians could compare it to past years, like 1918, the year of the Spanish flu or due to the civil unrest there could be many similarities between the 1960's and today. There are so many things these days that leave me feeling sad, frustrated and uncertain. It's times like these where honestly I don't know how people who don't believe in God cope.  I read an article the other day from a journalist who said we and we alone must turn things around, that we as a people can do it, not God.  I wanted to scream....we are the ones who got us into this mess! We are not capable of fixing this disaster alone. It's only by God's grace, mercy and wisdom will we come out of it.  I pray next year at this time we are unified nation under God with our freedoms still intact.
Normally we have a shrimp boil every 4th but this year a few of the other parents had an out of state softball tournament so no shrimp boil this year.  Instead I am taking my mom (and Nick) to my uncle's house to watch the fireworks!  It will be a great day to spend with family.

No comments: