Monday, October 12, 2020

Best Weekend Ever

The beauty of being friends with Mike and Jenny for as we have been is we know each other's children. We know the best parts of them and we know their quirks.  For a boy mom like myself I get to be a part of Faith's life.  I have never spent much time thinking about what my life would be like if I had had a daughter.  What's the point, I don't have one, and truly at my core God knew exactly what He was doing when he blessed me with Jay and Nick.  All weekend I was surrounded by mother's and daughter's and I was reminded of the beautiful bond between them and I am incredibly thankful Faith has invited me to be a part of hers. She is truly the sweetest and I pray that one day I'll be a wonderful mother in law to daughter in law(s) who will invite me be a part (however small) into their lives. 
I got to meet Faith's roommate, Lauren.  Her mother, Tami, came and they were both so delightful. I enjoyed getting to know them. The cool thing about Bama is kids from all over the country go there. I met people from NY, CA, NJ, and NH, just to name a few. That being said there is a reason we go to college when we're young.  I did great until about 8pm on Saturday night.  By then I was exhausted.  I laughed at myself when I got into bed on Saturday night.  I had my sleep mask on, my snore strip on and my 2 tylenol pm by my bedside. It was pitiful but honestly I did great Thursday and Friday night which is pretty good for this 46 year old!  
Faith - Thank you!  I love you to the moon and back. I loved seeing where you live, meeting your roommates and friends.  Mostly you made this boy mom feel extra special!  
 

No comments: