Monday, October 19, 2020

The Book Signing

Mom really wanted to have a book signing party for Kim and I.  Even in the midst of COVID, we had a successful and safe party. It meant a lot to Kim and I to do this and we enjoyed every second of it. I know it has made my mom proud and I am humbled and thankful. 
We have received so many positive comments on our book.  If you ask me what my goal was with the book it was to inspire people and encourage them but it was also to tell my dads story - a story that he certainly never could have told himself because of his disability.  I wanted people to know he was broken, just as broken as anyone else, including Kim and I, but I wanted people to see him for who he really was - a wonderful father who at his core loved his girls and loved our mom. I also wanted my mom to have a clear understanding of what she went through which due to her stroke she can't remember everything. I want it to be a keepsake for our four kids, even though Lauren will probably be the only one to read it.  I joke that my boys might read it one day but it will probably be after I'm dead and gone and they are missing me (or something like that, ha). 
Jenna has been my friend for YEARS!  We like to say we're old church friends and we are.  Every time I am with her I'm reminded of how much I miss her as we don't see each other as often as either of us would like.  I sure love her though.  She makes me laugh out loud every time I see her.  
My dearest friends (above and below).  I am so humbled by my friends who showed up to cheer Kim and I on.  I'm so blessed with amazing women in my life. 

My dear friend, Karen Neal.  Next to Mary, she is the other spiritual confidante in my life.  She offers me sound, biblical advice. 
My boy!  Jay showed up before the party started just to say Hi.  Again, I joke he probably won't read the book but my hope is one day he'll crack it open and it will provide him encouragement at the time he needs it most. 
Sweet Jenna and Mary!  I am forever grateful for Mary's beautiful foreword - which I should note didn't require one edit!  Her words were eloquently beautiful and I'm so honored her words are the first words you read in our book.  

Even in the mess of life, God is good! 

No comments: