Sunday, February 7, 2021

Time with Family

Time with family these days is so much enjoyed and appreciated and quite honestly it's all we really have to do, as far as entertainment goes.  In one of my earlier blogs I had written that Karen and I went from July until January without seeing each other which is a very long time for us.  Kim had Luke's birthday dinner last night and we all got together again at Kim's bar, aka "Brad's Bar." It was an evening filled with more laughs and good times.  
Nothing like our time with Aunt Karen.  Karen, Kim, Michelle and Uncle Kerry have all gotten their first dose of the vaccine.  I am so thankful.  I haven't decided if I will get one or not.  I'm not eligible yet anyway.  

Sweet cousin time.  Luke is looking down but we sure enjoyed celebrating Luke.  We all pitched in money towards a new room for Luke.  Kim and Craig painted his room and he has a skateboard theme with a new bed and bedding.  

It is freezing here today.  Nick is out ice fishing.  He got a new "tent" and apparently it holds the heat in pretty well.  He is loving ice fishing even though I hate it!  I broke down and bought him a fancy pair of floatation bibs.  It just gives me a little piece of mind.  It's a busy week.  Nick is playing basketball and football practice starts.  Not sure how we are going to fit in basketball, football and then drivers ed in March.  Nothing like doing nothing for 10 months and then trying to pack it all in in a matter of 3 months.  Oh well, we are just happy to be playing. Kim's kids are doing well in their adjustment to private school, especially Lauren. My mom got the first dose of the vaccine on Friday.  I took the day off and we spent the morning together.  It was really nice.  Mike's plan are still in motion to be a home inspector.  He's fully licensed and ready to go but is shadowing his boss for awhile longer. Jay did not pass his electrical test.  He's on unemployment now and will landscape again in the spring when the work is ready and the ground thaws. His plan is to apply for a lineman apprenticeship and he anticipates there will be an opening mid-year. He may try to take the electrical test again but it's his understanding he has to wait a full year to take it again - ugh! 
 

No comments: