Thursday, February 18, 2021

Florida getaway

Over Valentine's Day weekend Kim and I flew to Clearwater, FL.  We left after work on Feb. 12 and flew home to a blizzard on Feb. 15.  We had such a nice time.  We decided it was something we should try and do every year.  It's good for our mental health.  The weather in IL is beyond ridiculous.  It's been snowing relentlessly.  On Monday night when we flew home Kim and I went from 80 degree weather to below zero temperatures with snow and wind.  It was awful.  But we were glad for our sister time. 
On Valentine's day we went out for lunch - our only meal we ate out.  All of our other meals we ordered through door dash which might be the best invention ever.  

 I could not take my girl trips (which I desperately need sometimes) without my husband.  For years when the boys were small I did not take girl trips.  Now that we only have one son in high school it's a lot easier for me to get away.  Mike monitors Nick's comings and goings and makes sure he gets transported to where he needs to go.  This past weekend was perfect in Nick's book.  As I was sending pictures of the beach, Nick was ice fishing.  This was the picture Mike sent me.  He delivered pizza out for him and Nick - best dad ever!

No comments: