Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Spring Football

Nick (#9) transitioned right from basketball into football.  He is playing freshman and JV.  Last night was the first JV game.  Thankfully it was a beautiful night.  I fully anticipate I'll be sitting through some cold and probably rainy games this spring.  Sitting in the stands last night after a year of no sports filled my heart with gratitude.  I was simply thankful, thankful to be outside, thankful to be chatting with other parents but most of all thankful to be watching kids play sports again giving them the outlet that so many of them have craved in what has been a very dark year. 

 We have a girl on our team that is our kicker.  She's awesome.  Her dad is a great photographer and comes to all the games and captures shots.  Again, another thing I'm thankful for.  He truly gets some amazing pictures.  

No comments: