Thursday, April 15, 2021

More football and Sarah's birthday

I know I've mentioned this in my other blogs but there is a really nice and talented parent who comes to the football games and takes pictures.  The images he's able to capture are so good.  Here's Nick doing his thing.  
The good news is Nick has loved football this season and I'm just thankful there was a season - although as of today it's been cut short thanks to wonderful Covid.  I'm starting to wonder if our lives will ever get back to normal.  Several boys have tested positive so therefore every football player is quarantined.  This is Nick's second time in quarantine and let me tell you these kids are over it.  The freshman football season is officially over.  Nick was bummed but as usual took it in stride.  He remote learned today and then took off to fish.  Hallejah for fishing! 
This past weekend I had Sarah's birthday dinner.  I just love this girl.  There are so many reasons I love her but I'll never forget the time Sarah, me and Jenny were at Fiesta Ranchera.  Jenny was leaving to go to Texas.  We were all thrilled to be together but at the same time the mood was somewhat somber.  We were sad to see our girl go.  Jenny had gotten up to use the restroom and from across the table Sarah grabbed my hand and said, "Amy, you are such a dear friend to me, I hope Jenny leaving only makes us closer."  You see Sarah and I built our friendship through Jenny.  Jenny introduced us.  I can tell you that Jenny leaving did cement our friendship.  Sure we would have preferred that Jenny never left but even if she stayed I know our friendship would still be strong.  Sarah and I are kindred spirits and she's been a big blessing to me all these years.  
Three of my favorite people.  Mary and Shannon joined us on Saturday night, along with John and Matt.  We laughed, ate and drank.  Seriously what could be better? 
 

No comments: