Monday, April 5, 2021

The weekend; football, sister time and Easter

I just love Mary! On Thursday she traveled with me to go to Nick's football game.  I so appreciated her company and Nick loved that she came.  When he saw her in the stands he yelled, "What's up, Mary?" The two of them chatted the entire drive home.  Nick loves Mary but then who doesn't?  She's the absolute best.  She endured freezing weather to go along with me.  It was cold but we had fun together. 
On Saturday night the boys were gone so Kim came out and it was warm enough to sit out on the deck.  It was lovely! She shared some whiskey with Sieb. Sunday was Easter and I realized I didn't take any pictures.  I should have but since my boys are older now I kind of forget about taking pictures.  Last Easter we were in the middle of lockdown and no one had in person church services.  My heart was full being able to worship in person this Easter and the weather was absolute perfection.  All 9 of us went to my church service and it was lovely.  I'm humbled by what Jesus did on the cross for us.  I try to remind myself of this daily and have a thankful heart for my salvation.  Nothing I can ever do, no good act, nothing except the blood of Jesus bought me my salvation.  What a reason to celebrate! 
 

No comments: