Sunday, June 6, 2021

Jay's first concert


 Jay is an adult now so I try to always be mindful of that but at the same time he still lives with us so I try to pick carefully what I choose to blog about him.  This is one of those occasions I felt was important enough to document.  Covid took a lot of things from Jay.  It took three months of his senior year.  It robbed him of a high school graduation and follow up parties with friends.  It managed to rob kids of normal things like dating, going to concerts and really all things you do at 19.  Jay managed to make the best of a challenging situation.  For his 19th Birthday I bought him concert tickets for a three day outdoor venue in June.  I was confident by June things would be "back to normal" and Jay could experience what it was like to go to a concert - hearing the music, laughing with friends and enjoying a good time in a relaxed atmosphere.  On Thursday Jay took his girl, Gabby, to the concert and last night he returned with friends.  He had a blast.  I even got some texts from him from the concert! Jay told me it was so nice to do something different this weekend.  This is how life should look at 19! 

No comments: