Friday, September 17, 2021

What's going on

 I have wanted to blog for weeks but wow things have been busy at work and in my personal life.  I decided to take just a little bit of time today to write an update on what's going on with everyone.  

Amy - Eighteen months ago my job changed.  Saying there has been growing pains is putting it mildly.  But slowly I'm starting to adapt to the new territory I handle.  I miss being out and visiting my people but I am happy to have a job and work from home.  I've lost 20 lbs.  My goal was 21 lbs.  I'm oh so close.  I feel so much better.  

Mike - Mike is home inspecting full time now. I stand in awe over how God has worked in Mike's life.  In the summer of 2020 Mike was really feeling worn out with Cornerstone.  Mary pitched the idea of home inspection to Mike and then hooked him up with a company she works with and the rest is history.  Mike began home inspecting for them in the spring of 2021.  He has kept Cornerstone and still works for the sorority that he's worked for since he started his business.  In time he may end up closing Cornerstone for good.  There are still a lot of unknowns but we've grown accostomed to that during this wild ride we've been on for 5 years.  

Jay - Jay is plumbing full time. He works for a friend of mine that I used to work with at State Farm.  Philip and I started together at State Farm and when he had an opportunity for a plumbing apprentice he hired Jay.  Jay will be with Philip for 6 months at the end of October. He seems to like the trade.  Jay is living at home but will be moving out in the next few weeks.  The blessing of having him home these past sixteen months (since he graduated high school) is another blog post all together.  Again I give all the glory to God.  It is time for Jay to move out and spread his wings but I will miss him terribly. 

Nick - Nick is living his best life.  He is a sophomore, playing football and doing all things Nick. He loves football but the schedule has been grueling.  He dresses varsity but plays JV.  He has games every Friday and Monday night. Most days he's out the door by 6:45 and home at 7pm at night. We bought him his first vehicle a few weeks ago so he could start driving it and getting use to it.  He has a date to homecoming.  I'm thrilled because if you talked to this boy this summer he thought homecoming was stupid and he was not going to participate.  I'm glad he changed his mind.  After what was a challenging freshman year (because of Covid) he said to me the other day how much he is enjoying high school.  It's refreshing to see kids back doing normal things.  We're not 100% yet but it's better than it was. 

My Mom - My mom is doing well.  We had an opportunity to get her into assisted living which she was agreeable to.  Kim and I welcomed the social part of it and having all her meals provided and simply less up keep with her home.  But it was not to be.  Walker was the issue.  The facility required that he be on a leash to go potty and mom simply can't do that.  Kim was super disappointed but being at home is where God wants mom to be right now.  Mom struggles with her speech but through some guess work Kim and I can usually guess what she's trying to say. 

I'm enjoying this season of my life right now.  Sure there are some challenges but I think every season is unique in its own way.  I remain deeply concerned with where my country is headed but I'm reminded every day my hope is not in the ways of this world or the culture.  My hope rests in Jesus and Him alone and that gives me extraordinary peace during the unknowns of todays world. 

No comments: