Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Florida cousins weekend

Cora moved to Florida in October.  Me, Kim and Amber flew down to spend the weekend with her this past weekend.  We had some hiccups, like Kim getting Covid before we left.  Don't worry she recovered and was obviously not contagious but I was afraid she might have been too tired to make the trip but I was wrong.  She did great!  Then our flight got cancelled.  We were able to rebook but it required Cora driving 2 hours to another airport to pick us up.  The weather on Saturday was beautiful and Kim, Amber and Cora went parasailing.  I went along to observe and cheer them on.  


 What a blessing these girls are to me.  It was so nice to get away from cold Illinois and spend some time in the warm Florida sun.  It truly brings my heart such joy to be around my cousins and it was so nice to see where Cora lives and works.  She and her family have adjusted to life in southwest Florida beautifully.  I know this weekend will go down in the memory books with all the laughs we shared.  

No comments: