Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Challenges

 The last two years haven't been easy.  Heck the last six years haven't been a walk in the park either.  Besides being in the trenches of parenting I remember thinking life was pretty easy for my 30-something self.  I turned 41 and life kind of hit me head on.   

In the past two years the entire world has battled Covid, lockdowns and mask mandates.  There has been very little that has felt normal these past two years.  Additionally in my own personal life my oldest son graduated high school, Mike started a new career (a very welcomed change), Jay moved out.  Jay moved back in.  My job changed significantly.  I imagine that even if my job didn't change, Covid would still have changed it in some way, shape or form.  After two long years I've adjusted but it hasn't been without challenges.  As much as I love working from home, it's isolating, and the winters make the isolation feel even worse, then you add in Covid peppered with mindless social media for entertainment and it hasn't been a great combination for me.  I voiced some of my frustration with my sister.  God bless my sister.  She pointed out I needed to start reading again.  I knew she was right.  Two days ago, I sat down and wrote out some weekly goals for myself which I intend on making this a habit.  I broke the goals down into the following categories.

Physical

Personal Development

Thoughtful

Family

Spiritual

Part of my personal development goal this week is to blog three times.  My blog postings through the years have gotten less and less.  When my boys were little, they provided me with funny and entertaining blogs.  Now that I'm older I feel there is only so much to write about my pre-menopausal self before it become downright boring.  Plus, I don't feel I'm as imaginative as I once was.  It requires some thought and if I'm honest I'm a bit lazy about producing any meaningful content these days.  However, I recognize I still like to write.  If writing about my boys was my only goal, I would have given up on this blog years ago.  Writing and yes even reading are still hobbies I enjoy.  They just don't seem to come as naturally to me as they once did - kind of like everything else these days.  Ha!  


No comments: