Sunday, March 13, 2022

Our weekend

Nick participated in his first fishing tournament this weekend.  As I write this, I do not know how he did.  The tournament began this morning.  Yesterday Nick and his teammates went out on the lake to practice in anticipation of today's tournament.  Let me tell you it is freezing too.  The tourney is on a lake four hours south from us but it's cold.  Yesterday's high was 20 and today it's maybe 40 degrees and breezy.  Nick is always prepared though.  He packed (and is wearing in this picture) his ice fishing gear.  Look at his smile though.  Fishing brings out the very best in Nick, especially when he's successful.  Despite everything going on in the world right now (more on that later) these small moments bring me such joy.  
And speaking of joy.  This picture says it all.  This is my bible study group and also a picture of my most favorite people (minus Jenny).  Believe it or not this was our Christmas get together.  We were due to meet right before Christmas but then had to cancel because of you guessed.....freaking Covid.  Then we had to keep rescheduling because Kim, Mary and Jenna all got Covid which spilled into January and February.  It was crazy.  I am thankful we were finally able to get together.  My heart is so full every time I gather with these girls.  In fact we were talking last night about how important community is and how Covid has destroyed a lot of peoples sense of community especially the elderly.  With all the heartbreak, destruction, sin and evil in the world it was nice to be together with my girls last night.  Shannon reminded all of us to not take it for granted and through tears we prayed for the people of Ukraine.  We have no idea what is coming next.  So today I look at this picture and remind myself to not take one second for granted - not one second.  Enjoy every moment.  
 

No comments: