Sunday, March 27, 2022

Spring Break 2022

We never go anywhere on Spring Break.  But this year I scored my company's condo in Fort Walton Beach, FL.  Jay opted not to go so we let Nick bring two friends.  Full disclosure as the time got closer, I was wondering what I was thinking when I agreed to this - not because I had any reservations in the friend choice(s) Nick made but I was nervous.  Afterall I was going to be responsible for three teenagers.  For weeks leading up to this vacation I prayed God would bless our vacation, that we would be a blessing to Nick's friends, and they would be a blessing to us.  God delivered!  I loved every second I spent with these three boys.  They were awesome!  Truly, it was wonderful.
The first day we were there the weather was beautiful and the boys didn't wear sunscreen and got burnt.  Big surprise.  They spent the entire day in the ocean. 
My sweet husband.  He is truly a great sport.  With age he has mellowed and is game for about anything I plan.  
Chase turned 16 while we were on vacation.  We had plans to deep sea fish, but the weather didn't cooperate.  The boys did get to fish but not on Chase's birthday.  The boys went to Bass Pro on our 2nd day (Chase's birthday), and we celebrated that evening at our condo.  
This was another day where the weather didn't cooperate.  The boys were resourceful though and took their board down to the water and skim boarded on the shore.    
Finally on our last day the boys fished and loved it.  Everyone caught something and no one got sick.  


I am so glad we got to do this for Nick.  For years we vacationed with the Ausili's and made beautiful memories on those vacations, but I always felt a little guilty because Jay, Curt and Faith were so close.  Nick was usually the odd man out.  Life really does come full circle.  When we took our TN vacations on a huge budget, I could not have imagined that years later we could have been able to do this for Nick.  God is good!  
 

No comments: