Tuesday, June 7, 2022

ICASSTT

This past weekend Nick and his fishing partner, Jackson, fished in the ICASSTT state tournament.  They didn't make it to Nationals but they did place 27 out of 350 boats.  I am so proud of Nick and this team.  I wrote the proposal to our school board in 2020.  It was approved in the summer of 2020.  I remember me, Ryan Komnick and Scott Boots sitting in the library for our first meeting with the Assistant A.D., having no clue what we were doing.  Scott jokes that we still don't know what we're doing but boy are we off to a good start.  As a first year fishing team we have so much to be proud of  and it sure makes this momma's heart full to see her boy doing what he loves.  

I love it because during tournaments the guys always post pictures throughout the day.  I especially love the picture below.  It shows all the boats getting into the water.  The boat right in front is Nick and Jackson and their Captain, B.J. (Jackson's dad).  So cool to see.  Fishing season is over until the fall season.  I can't wait to see what these kids do next year.  

 

No comments: