Sunday, July 10, 2022

Big W and Lauren

I know that one day I will reflect on the summer of 2022 and say......"Oh yeah that was the summer where I never stopped."   There was simply no time to relax.  That being said things are moving right along.  My mom's dog, Walker (who I call Big W) is an official part of our family.  We now have 3 Vizsla's.....in other words it's pretty much an animal circus at our home.  And to add to the craziness I am keeping Kim's vizsla, Calli, this week.  It's nuts!  Jay has adopted Walker as his own, just without all the responsbilities of taking care of him.  Wink wink.  That falls on mom's shoulders.  Jay has been great with training him, however.  When Jay is out in the yard so is Walker.  If Walker isn't on the dog bed with Cole and Copper he's laying with Jay in his bed.  Jay has taught Walker how to shake and he's currently working on getting him to lay down on command.  I'm not going to lie, Walker was pretty unruly with mom.  Despite Walker's bad manners my mother will adore her dog until the end of time.  He's fit in nicely in our home and we are working on getting him trained.  He's proving to be very smart and "just a good boy" as Jay says.  
My sister and Craig are in Alaska.  Lauren came to my house 4 days ago and spent the weekend with me.  She is an absolute joy.  I enjoyed every minute we spent together.  She is a sweet girl who has her own ideas, loves design, loves to sketch homes and actually enjoys conversating with her Aunt May May.  I took Friday off work so we could spend the day together but we got derailed due to Nick being sick.  She was such a good sport about it.  She rolls with the punches well.  Yesterday we spent the day in the stock tank!  

Nick got sick on Wednesday and came home from work.  He spiked a terribly high fever which required a visit to his doctor on Friday.  I am happy to report that he started to turn a corner yesterday and he's out doing what he loves today.....fishing.  

We are preparing to list mom's house this week.  My focus is on that light I see at the end of the tunnel.  It is a lot of work right now but I am incredibly thankful mom has settled nicely into her new home.  I am also thankful for my sweet husband who has worked tirelessly on getting mom's home ready.  It's truly been a family affair.  Kim and I are always rock stars when we work together but Kim is gone this week.  Mike has been thoughtful, patient and more than willing to help where mom is concerned.  Truly it will take an entire blog to devote what I really want to say about Mike and his unwaivering kindness where my mother is concerned.  

 

No comments: