Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Our big and busy weekend




 We've had so much going on my head is spinning.  The big news is we moved mom into an assisted living facility on July 2.  She made the decision to move about two weeks ago.  Kim and I had been hoping and praying she would make the decision herself and when she did we went full steam ahead.  Mike, Craig and my boys all helped and we got her moved in and settled.  She truly does seem happy in her new home.  Now the "real" work begins as Kim and I prepare to empty out and sell mom's home.  What a job!  Kim leaves for Alaska tonight so it will be a whirlwind two weeks for me.  Kim really needs the relaxation though.  I joke that the summer of 2022 will be our busiest yet.  I'm taking my Aunt Karen's advice and not letting it overwhelm me.  Mike made me my stock tank this summer (more on that in another blog) and each day (weather permitting) I commit to getting into my pool for 1 hour/day.  Today is probably one of those days I won't get in it and it's a hot one here but my schedule just won't allow for it today.  

On July 4 we had our annual shrimp boil at Erin and Neal's house.  Next year will mark the 10 year anniversary that the group started this tradition.  Mike and I started going in 2015 (I think) so it hasn't been quite 10 years for us but man do we love it!  I look forward to it every year.  I have to laugh though because for years when our kids were littles they would spend the entire day with us.  Now all of our kids have grown.  They eat and leave.  Ha.  

I included the picture of Nick and the catfish because that's what he's been doing these days.  If he's not working he's at football practice, fishing or catching catfish.  His hands are beat to hell from sticking his hands into the catfish traps but he doesn't seem to care.  This momma would rather not know about it but the evidence is hard to ignore.  

No comments: