Thursday, July 21, 2022

A week of *&*^


 I'm not even sure how to begin this blog but when I saw that I last blogged on July 12 it occurred to me that my life was actually fairly easy that day.  My world, Kim's world and most especially my mom's world has imploded this past week.  On July 13 mom developed covid symptoms and during the course of 24 hours she fell three times.  The third fall she took was the deal breaker as she fractured her femur in her weak leg.  I met her in the ER the night of July 13 where we learned she would require surgery for her break and she had Covid.  It was like watching bombs explode all around us and the look in moms eyes was one of helplessness and defeat.  To make matters worse my sister was still in Alaska.  Mom had surgery the next day (July 14).  Leslie stepped up as only a best friend can.  She willingly exposed herself to covid in order to support and love on her friend of over 40 years.  Leslie has been one of God's blessings during what has been a very difficult week.  As I write this my sister has returned from Alaska and I got covid (hence my picture).  Kim took over with mom so I could recover at home.  I am happy to report that mom's covid is so much better and so is mine.  Everyday we get better.  Mom remains in the hospital and we are searching for placement into an inpatient rehab facility.  I know this is going to be a long road and I'm praying for God's guidance because quite frankly I can't do any of this on my own.  I can try to navigate the situation the best I can but in the end I've surrendered it to God.  I'm relying on the holy spirit within me to pray during the times when I am too weak to utter a word.  Friends who are carrying us in prayer these days are a blessing to Kim, mom and I.  May God be with us and bless us in the months ahead.  

No comments: