Thursday, July 6, 2023

A visit with Jenny

What are the odds that I have back to back blog posts about my visit with Faith and then two weeks later a visit from her mother!  Sarah and I guilted  persuaded Jenny to come to Illinois for a visit.  It just so happened that Sarah's hubby and boys were out of town so Jenny stayed at Sarah's and most nights I stayed with them.  We spent our time together doing what we do best; relaxing and laughing over cocktails.  
                  I didn't mention to my mom that Jenny was in town so we surprised her.
On Jenny's last day in town we visited Daisy and her new baby.  He is a beautiful baby.  It's hard to believe that Faith's friend, who Jenny and I have known a LONG time is now a momma.  What a blessing!  

 On Jenny's last night in town me, Sarah and Jenny went out for dinner.  Jay joined us under the promise that we would pay for his dinner.  I think he was starving and gladly took us up on our offer.  I'll take what I can get when I can from my 21 year old.  It was nice to visit with him.  

I know I say this all the time but the Lord truly blessed me in the friendship department.  My girlfriends are the cats meow!  

No comments: