Saturday, October 21, 2023

Jay


 Once upon a time I used this blog to write about the crazy things my boys did.  They continue to entertain me, just in a different way.  I laugh way more with them these days, rather than trying to keep two steps ahead of them.  I don't blog much about Jay because he's an adult.  I try to respect his privacy.  When Jay graduated from H.S. in 2020 I could not have predicted how our relationship would evolve and how precious these past three years have been.  The truth is I've had to work harder at my relationship with Jay.  I'll just be honest my relationship with Nick comes more naturally.  That being said the Lord assured me when Jay was 13 that He had him.  I'm well aware that the Lord has Nick too but God knew I needed to hear it directly from Him about Jay.  I've worried more about Jay.  It's taken Jay longer to get comfortable in his own skin.  When Jay moved out in 2021 Mike predicted he would be back and sure enough three months later he was.  Mike said our boy just needed more time on the runway.  Fast forward to now and Jay is ready to take flight.  He is in the career he wanted to be in since he was a kid.  He's making decent money.  He has a good group of friends and God willing he plans on purchasing his first home in the next year.  The picture of Jay and Walker is from this week.  Most nights I crawl into bed early.  I mindlessly scroll on my phone or read.  Often Jay will come chat with me.  He has no idea how much I have enjoyed this time with him.  I don't make a big deal out of it with Jay in fear of jinxing it.  He'll invite Walker up on the bed with us and Jay will show me tik tok videos of recipes he wants to try.  I'll occassionally ask him a question or two.   Sometimes he'll share a work story.  We pet Walker and laugh about things he does.  Mostly I just enjoy Jay's presence.    

No comments: